Torres del Paine Fullday
The solution for travelers who want to discover the best of the Torres del Paine National Park for only one day!
- DescriptionVisit of the main viewpoints of the park + Visit of the Mylodon cave
- Duration1 day
- Schedule7h30 – 19h
- DifficultyFor everyone!
- ActivitiesWalking, Culture, History, Geology, Taking pictures
- HighlightsTorres del Paine Park, The Towers of the Paine, Paine Grande, Los Cuernos, Salto Grande, Grey Glacier, Mylodon Cave
- Price35.000 CLP (not including the entrance fees to the parks)
- 07:30 Start.Pick up in front of the house.
- 08:00 –08:40 Mylodon Cave.Stop to this natural monument on the way to the Park.
- 09:00 –09:50 Cerro Castillo. Small town located to 7 km from the borderline with Argentina, where you can have a coffee or buy souvenirs.
- 10:45 -12:00 Torres del Paine National Park.We will enter by the Laguna Amarga. Stop at the viewpoint of the Lake Nordenskjöld, with panoramic view on the Paine mountains range.
- 12:25 –12:55 Salto Grande.We will arrive to the spectacular waterfall Salto Grande, located in the sector Pudeto. Here we will do a small trek up to the Viewpoint Los Cuernos, from where we will observe Los Cuernos of the Paine.
- 13:15 -13:45 Pehoe Lake – Grey Glacier.At the Camping Pehoe we will stop to snack (we advise you to take food but if you want, you could buy food there). After the break, we will go to the sector of the Lago Grey and the Ventisquero Grey to trek approximately one hour and half to observe the awesome glacier and icebergs. From there we will start to come back passing through the entrance Serrano. On the way, we will stop to others three viewpoints on this natural beauty: Viewpoint Grey, Viewpoint Los Cuernos and the Viewpoint Lago Toro.
- 19:00 Puerto Natales.We can let you downtown or at our house directly, as you prefer.
The Mylodon Cave
The Cave of the Mylodon also called Cave Eberhard has impressive dimensions: height 30 m, length 270 m and depth 200 m. It is inserted inside a peculiar conglomerate of rocks named Chair of the Devil. At the entry there is a replica of the animal in glassfiber and a museum with the paleontological, archaeological and morphologic history of the area. In the place also they have found abundant remains of others forms of fauna living there before human occupation.
Today the place is a great tourist attraction, with thousands of people visiting the spot every day between October and March, though it is possible to visit all the year round. Nowadays, it is probably the site the most famous by the public in the sector. Historically, it has been a topic of novels and tripbooks, but also it has inspired extraordinary myths and adventures movies, like for example: an expedition sent to hunt an alive mylodon. In addition it has received famous visitors as the naturalists Darwin, Nordenskjöld and Skottsberg.