Perito Moreno Fullday
(El Calafate – Argentina)
Stay admiring the beauty of the Perito Moreno Glacier!
- DescripciónOne day tour (670 km) from Puerto Natales to visit the Perito Moreno Glacier, closed to El Calafate in Argentina
- Duración1 day
- Horarios6h30 – 22h30
- ExigenciaFor everyone!
- ActividadesWalking, Glacier, taking pictures
- AtractivosPerito Moreno Glacier, El Calafate
- Precio65.000 CLP (not including the park entrance fee)
This Argentine town is the entrance point to visit the glacier Perito Moreno, main attraction of the National Park Los Glaciares. In addition, the city El Calafate is located on the banks of the beautiful Lake Argentino and it is one of the most important tourist destinations of the country. The name refers to a typical shrub of the region that gives a fruit with delicious flavor with which they produce quantity of liquors and sweets.
- 6:30 StartPick up in front of the house.
- 7:15The first step is the village Cerro Castillo and the borderline Rio Don Guillermo where you will do the customs formalities. The trip continues towards the city El Calafate, passing through Tapi Aike, and then by the sector Esperanza to drink a coffee.
- 11:00Arrival to Cuesta de Migue where you will appreciate the Argentino Lago and the Mount Fitz Roy, besides a panoramic view of the valle del Río Santa Cruz. Arrival to the city El Calafate where you will change of bus and will be guided by an argentine guide. The passengers can take a coffee and use hygienic services.
- 14:00Arrival to the National Park Los Glaciares. The entrance fee is $ Argentine 215. The passengers will navigate the Lago Argentino in a catamaran, approaching the icewall of the front of the glacier, where you would observe the constant fall of iceblocks of more than 70 meters of height. The value of this excursion is of $ Argentine 70. In a second time, you could walk more than 3 Km of ways observing the most impressive glacier of the world. The front of the Perito Moreno Glacier is about 5 kilometres and icefront is 70 meters of height, outside the water, which means that the frontheight is more than 140 meters under the waterlevel. This walk lasts one hour.
- 16:30After this, you will come back to El Calafate where you will stop for an half an hour to buy souvenirs or whatever.
- 17:30Start to come back to Puerto Natales.
- 22:30Come back to Puerto Natales
The timetable is approximately.
- It is important to get Argentine cash in Puerto Natales to pay entrance fee and tickets of navigation or any other expense because it is very difficult to get cash in the city of El Calafete and for these expenses, it is not possible to pay with any type of credit cards and moreover there is restrictions in cash dispensers there.
- For national family traveling with only one representant (father or mother) with children, it is very important to present the notarial power to extract the children of the country, the passbook of civil wedding, or a certificate of original birth of the children.